 Off-Topic / Debate / 9524
Re: Who does W. Love? BIG OIL!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:37:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

!!!KA-SNIP!!!

  Besides that, I'd like to see the cites of the studies that
  say "global warming is not a real phenomenon".  As far as I know,
  Carl Ojala was the major proponent of the view that global warming
  is chimerical, and he's become curiously silent the last six to
  eight years.  There's no real argument about whether or not it's
  happening, only about the pace, the causes, and the mechanics.

  best

  LFB

I finally had a chance to look some things up. Here's what I found in 30
minutes time:

http://www.junkscience.com/news/robinson.htm

http://bachelor.wabash.edu/issues/104/08/News/warming.asp

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/sun-on-earth/glob-warm.html

http://www.cmn.net/~molly/globalw_intro.html

http://www.modempool.com/nucleardann/gw.htm

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/aginatur/prog1.htm

I haven't read each and every one of these, so I'm not vouching for them -
you no what happened to Al Pacino in "Donnie Brasco" for doin' that! {:~)

   Some of them are extremely misguided at best (the nucleardann
   guy in particular), but a few of them underscore the
   "mechanics" point I was making earlier--for example, the
   Stanford data on solar output.  I think I've been lumped
   by using the term "global warming", by which I meant "the
   gradual warming of the planet," and not the orthodoxy of
   pollution-sole-cause-etc-etc-hyper-green-etc thinking.
   That's what I meant by mechanics.  But why on Earth make
   it worse?  As much as people want to scream that global
   warming is ideologically connected to whacko environmentalists,
   nobody has ever presented satisfactory evidence to me that
   we're not doing harm to our environment, exacerbating
   problems that are already extant.  Why not do what little
   *is* in our power?

   best

   LFB