 Off-Topic / Debate / 7949
  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) out (...) Do they do that for everyone or just a few? If you wanted more education would it still be free and would they still pay your survival fees? What if you wanted to study abroad? (...) This started because you claimed to live in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) Everyone. (...) If I was from a low income background it would be free. Other wise, I'd have to pay a notioanl amount towards my degree (phd & school education would still be free). (...) Free inside the EU. (...) Understament. Americans do (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) Wow. Why isn't everyone a student? I've been searching for an angle to allow me to go back to college and just stay there. Being a professor seems pretty good, but I'd rather just be a student forever. (...) Nifty! (But not Lar's kind of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

Scott A wrote in message ... (...) stay (...) could (...) It used to be that students got grants to go to uni in the UK, but I thought that now (I have been away for nearly 20 years, so I'm going by what I hear from family still living there) that's (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) I was talking about when I was a student. I think in an other of my posts I say that the system is now means tested. However, even children of high earners pay only a token amount towards education (a ninth). (...) Not now, they are in bed (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) When I was working at a Krogers in college in the Seafood dept, I had several people ask me if food stamps could be used to buy lobster. I also saw people buying sirloin with foodstamps. Why should someone that is on foodstamps be able to eat (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) Testify, brother! I worked at a 7-11 some years ago, and a new car with the factory sticker on it pulled into the lot. Out climbed a guy in an expensive and new-looking suit, and he came in and bought his candy bar with foodstamps. On the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)