 Off-Topic / Debate / 7914
Re: The Problem of Evil
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:03:20 GMT

You may think that these "inconsistencies" render the Bible invalid; but to >me it reveals an in-progress and dynamic relationship with God.  The Bible >isn't perfect; only God is.

Gee, I think this was Tom's point -- at least in a a way.  See?  Your
perspective is that the bible is a kind of source of authority, yet you are
able to pick and choose elements from it because it is an "imperfect" source.

With all kinds of ridiculous ideas, movements, wars, etc., coming from the
"authority" of the bible -- I have to assert that using the bible as a
source of authority just doesn't wash with me!

And if you can pick and choose the precise nature of your relationship to
the divine, why can't everyone else?  Does it matter to you that they do or
don't use the bible, or call a possible god by the name you would choose or not?

What is the point of this discussion, except that at the bottom of it all
some of you people want to to dictate to the rest of us your own views about
what is right and wrong.

No thanks,

Richard