 Off-Topic / Debate / 7845
Re: About "Plowed Territory"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:09:03 GMT

Tell you what, John...

Lar said:

Why don't you monomaniacal christians just shut up on this topic? Really.

I'll cease when I get a satisfactory answer from you

How about this:

I concede that it is not impossible(1) that the christian god as described
by brand X (choose your favorite brand, there are many choices) exists. With
the implication, of course, that brands Y, Z, A, B, C, D, etc. all have it
wrong in some detail or another.

That's all the answer you're going to get, take it or leave it.(2) If that
answer does not satisfy you, then you ARE trying to convert me, by the way,
so cease and desist, please.

In exchange for that, stop bringing it up off topic. If a thread is about
something religious, fine, but if not, stop prosetylising. It's annoying.
I reserve the right to lambaste, ridicule, score points and annoy you (all
christian missionaries here, not just you personally, John) whenever you
bring up religion in a thread that didn't start it.

Deal?

1 - highly improbable and very unsupportable, but not impossible.
2 - this is no more, or less, than I ever said, so you haven't gained
anything NEW but perhaps if I remind you of my position you will stop
hijacking threads.

++Lar