 Off-Topic / Debate / 7844
Re: About "Plowed Territory" - Outcomes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:06:58 GMT

Bill Farkas wrote:

So, how would I personally, or anyone else for that matter, be benefited by
the knowledge that there is no god? This is an honest question, not just
rhetoric.

I suggest asking a similar "honest question" to your self:
"How would I personally, or anyone else for that matter, be benefited by
the knowledge that there is god?"

So, basically, if I'm wrong, so what? If you're wrong, you have more to lose.
Your position is more precarious.

So what?

As to evidence, this notion that, "I won't believe anything without 100%
proof" is cowardly, in my opinion.

This is the most stupid way of reasoning, unfortunately I hear very
frequently. Actually, you and the likes, the ones trying to rationalize
the obvious contradictions of any given religion instead of admitting
they are contradictions, are the real cowards. Do you please tell me
what we are afraid of as an unbeliever? We are not cowards, actually, we
are the brave ones, at least we, the ones educated as a believer, than
see somehow the contradictions, and brave enough to admit all this thing
is nonsense, in spite of the heaven and hell that we believed during our
previous parts of life. We are brave enough not to side step the
contradictions for the sake of heaven or the fright of the hell.

But you are the cowards (quite a big insult for an army men, huh?..:-)
because although you have quite capable of reasoning, you just side step
instead, since you are afraid of hell.

Selçuk