 Off-Topic / Debate / 713
Re: Federal Reserve Board - "Know Your Customer" Rule
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:41:38 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Ed Jones wrote:
The proposal has been withdrawn due to "...an unprecedented number of comments
on the proposal from the public, banking organizations, industry trade
associations, and members of Congress...[reflecting] public concern over the
privacy of information that would be collected and held by financial
institutions..."
See my sig. 170K of the comments (out of 250K or so, 99+% against) were
originated at the site I reference.

I am surprised, but pleasantly so.  I had assumed that an e-mail petition
would not be taken seriously due to several technical issues.  Wow.  :-,

But the battle is not over, there are plans afoot to do it anyway,
rebadged and repackaged. Support Ron Paul's (R-TX) bill preventing such
invasiveness. Note, Ron Paul is a former Libertarian presidential
candidate.

Do you have a URL pointing to more info on Ron Paul's bill?

Cheers,
- jsproat

"The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder"
-- British scientist J. B. S. Haldane (1892-1964)