 Off-Topic / Debate / 6639
Re: blowharding (was: Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:21:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:
From: moulton@hscis.net (Matthew)

Well let's see who told me to grow up,  you were encouraging people to
not visit my site, you accused me of being egotistical, ranting, being
rude, being insulting, am I missing anything Mark? ... • <snip>

No Mark, you've done far worse than that, even if you don't believe
you have, it doesn't make it any less true.  What's ironic is that I
seem to be one of the only people here who has been acting in a civil
manner.  I mean I stooped the childish insults hours and hours before
any of you finally started to slow down with your verbal bashings.

-Matthew

Jeez, I know that by now he's been banned, but:

I fully admit to telling him he should grow up and not be so rude, but he
makes it sound like I ran over his dog or something.

I tried very hard today to attack the -behavior- and not the -person-

Did I fail in this?

   IMHO, no, you didn't fail; you've been quite measured and
   careful throughout.  For our protagonist to claim the high
   ground of "civility" at this late juncture is analogous to
   expecting an apology to atone for, say, running over some-
   one's dog and being taken aback when the dog owner's still
   upset and therefore claiming that running over said dog was
   justified.  It's a matter of quality and context of behaviour,
   not quantity of admonitions.

   best Victorian language,

   LFB.nl