 Off-Topic / Debate / 6585
Re: blowharding (was: Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:40:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.space, Matthew Moulton writes:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:41:14 GMT, "Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:
I am one of the people who has donated a TREMENDOUS amout of time and
energy to that very work.  You have absolutely no business making such a
statement to this community, especially when you can't tell this • community's
right hand from its left.

Oh so you're implying that I've done absolutely nothing for the Lego
community?  It might surprise you to know that I have a bachelors
degree in computer science, more specifically programming.

Oh, gee, that's such a rare thing.  :-)

And I have been working on numerous ideas to improve Lego CAD programs.

And these great numerous ideas are where?

At some
point (with hopefully the help of others) I want to release a new Lego
CAD program, one that doesn't require the installation of LDraw,
completely self sufficient, with build in graphic rendering, animation
effects, etc, etc.  I've even considered hiring a few programmers to
help make the idea possible.  It would require a vast financial
sacrifice on my part, but it's something I'm willing to do if it comes
down to it.

All talk, no action.  Yawn.  We've heard it before.

My biggest fear though is that I'll end up like poor
James, idealized as a demigod, cyber memorials on every other Lego
site, the thought sickens me.

I think your biggest fear is being ignored.

As Mark said, you've done a good job of alienating yourself from everyone
here, and you have a ton of growing up to do.  Learn some respect for
others - living or dead, and also kill your ego.  Those comments and
attitudes DO NOT belong here.

I'm sure you would love to think that I'm doing this for my ego.  You
could not be further from the truth, but then showing you the truth
isn't exactly my point.

I think you're doing this because you lack the confidence (not necessarily
the talent) do something good for the community.

--Todd

Todd,
I don't think this is a good idea.  You, of all people, don't need to get into
a shooting match about who has done what for the community.  I myself think
highly of you and, through what I've seen on Lugnet, you are stooping very
low.  Please don't start one of those horrible threads that fills the inboxes
of America with mindless name-calling.  I think we can all agree, including
Matthew in one of his earlier post, let's stop now and let it rest.  What is
said is said and we don't have to dwell on it and look childish.  Please!  I
believe EVERYONE on Lugnet is above this, and we should ALL stop.
Thanks for your time
-John Rudy