 Off-Topic / Debate / 6593
Re: blowharding (was: Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:21:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:
<insert voice of moderation>

Well, Matthew Moulton has been, IMO and in the apparant majority of opinions,
a jerk today.

*BUT* If you search back, you'll notice that he's been an infrequent,
generally reasonable poster for upwards of 6 months.  His track record on
usenet is bad, but ultimately that isn't his track record here - although it
should be taken into consideration.  Other people have (again, IMO) been
ruder, or less considerate, without a call to block them from service - they
just haven't been as rude in as short a time.

I just noticed that - and I do recall seeing him posting for at least a few
weeks here.  He's been very respectful up until now, even on things that he
has attacked the most today.  Strange.

...perhaps he didn't fill a perscription or something ... ;-)

If he continues to post in the same vein, then yes, I think he should be
ToSed - he's being obviously disruptive, and that falls under point 5 of the
Terms of Use.

Yep.  I think that he has already crossed that line, though.

But if he apologizes, or even just stops being a jerk, then he should be left
to his own devices, such as they are(1).

If, and only if.

James

1:Like Todd, I guess I'm just not impartial enough to get around someone's
personal offensiveness to see the inner greatness of their models.

Neither am I.  I can appreciate his workmanship on his models, but his ego
(read his AIM conversation and his hate list) and his attitude on Lugnet sucks
major ____.  IMO from his actions, he doesn't have a tremendous amount of
leeway, or right to be here.

-Tim