 Off-Topic / Debate / 6002
Re: Harry Potter Lego Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:16:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott P. Costello writes:
However I don't think that anyone has mentioned the fact that Here in the
United States there is a very vocal minority of people who are in strong
opposition to Harry Potter.  Several people claim that these books promote
witchcraft and other "satanic" rituals

Our minister recently did a service on Harry Potter. Her original intent was
to counter the religious opposition, assuming that most religious
conservatives were against the books. What she discovered was that while there
was a vocal minority against the book, there are plenty of relgious
conservatives who see value in the book because of the moral values expressed.

Frank