 Off-Topic / Debate / 6001
Re: My Capital Ships! AT LONG LAST!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:32:38 GMT

LegoMasterLuke wrote:
I don't know about everybody else, but I think they are a bit .... plain. IE,
the first and last ones - they are just long tubes with a bridge on the top. I
know in space you don't need the maneuvering fins, but they make the Lego
model look "cool", don't you think?

I seem to recall the pot having this same conversation with the kettle.

Drew, I wasn't going to comment on your Harrier, and I especially wasn't going
to say that it doesn't look "cool", but hey, I'm having a less-than-glorious
day.

Here's my rant:  your Harrier is a model that I wouldn't have published.  It's
plain, it's in akward colors, and it doesn't so much resemble a Harrier as it
does a jet-powered Cessna.  And I have similar suspicions about your
much-trumped and conveniently-destroyed-before-publication minifig-scale B-1B.

But listen up:  MY OPINION DOESN'T NOR SHOULD'T MATTER TO YOU.  Your Harrier
model did it for you, which is ALL that matters.  I *know* that many of my
models are unappealing to others.  Which is fine, 'cause they don't have to
look at my models.  But trying to discourage a builder to post a design by
bashing their skills, and to discourage others from looking at the design with
an unsolicited and arbitrarily bad review, is just bad form.

I'm not saying "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at
all", but vague, untechnical and biased criticism doesn't help.

Cheers,
- jsproat

[F-UPs to .debate]

...2nd LEGOMASTERLUKE reply I've sent to .debate in one day.  I'd better lay
off the kid or my karma count is gonna take a nosedive...

Uh, two.  Including this one.