 Off-Topic / Debate / 6003
6002  |  6004
Subject:
Rendering impossible to build models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:05:03 GMT

Chuck,

Once you free your mind of all that you cannot do, you'll be surprised by
what you can do.  The programs you create your models in, I use LDraw/LEdit
(to create), MLCAD (to view from all angles), L3Lab (to create POV files) and
POV render the finished creation, allow you the freedom to make just about
anything you want, limited only by your patience and imagination.  I can't
believe that I'm first person to see that you can do these things with these
programs, I've only been using them about a month and only figured out POV in
the last week and a half to two weeks.

                Jamal Coleman

I am well aware of what POV can render.  I have been modeling in POV for
years, long before I discoved tools for creating dat files and converting them
to POV.  Although your models are very cool looking, They appear to not be
buildable out of Lego bricks.  Please don't take this as a slight against your
creative abilities.  The starships models are very well done, and show great
craftsmanship, as well as a flare for sleek powerful design.

Please take a look at a scene I have done.  This was a test shot for an
animation I was considering.  Note that in this scene, the lighting is
impossible, since I have placed light sources inside the transparent flame
pieces.

http://users.cwnet.com/dbest/lego/Castle.jpg

-Chuck