 General / 19775
Re: Harry Potter Lego Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:09:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:
In lugnet.general, Scott P. Costello writes:
I really like the direction that Lego is going with producing licenced
material, ie. Star Wars, Disney, and now Harry Potter.  I think it will
introduce a whole new crowd into the world of Lego.

I don't. Licensing is not what LEGO is about.

Well.  Licensing is not what Lego *was* about.

I think it's a good thing, though, mostly because Lego's recent self-designed
sets have... been somewhat lacking, in my mind.  The Star Wars sets (not just
the UCS, but the System ones as well) have been a cut above.

Don't knock it just because it's something new.  The individual bricks aren't
any less creative to play with because they came in a kit from a licensed line.

eric