 Off-Topic / Debate / 5666
Re: May Day "riots" in London
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 19:34:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeff Stembel writes:
I'm playing Devil's advocate here as far as The Cenotaph is concerned, as I
was personally offended by what happened. However, I was less concerned by
Churchill's fait on the same day.

Is the Cenotaph the World War II memorial?  I think I heard that on the news,
but I don't remember...

I think it was erected after World War One (aka The Great War). It symbolises
all losses of the Commonwealth in all wars and conflicts (I think) - I will
not list the coutries in this as I'd never remeber them all.

Scott A

{1} Was it really a cold war?

Have you ever spent a winter in Russia?  ;)

Jeff