 Off-Topic / Debate / 5644
Re: May Day "riots" in London
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 10:37:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Alex Farlie writes:
I would hope that the readers of Lugnet would join me in condeming
the actions of the indiviuals who rioted in London on May 1st.

Defacing a national monument (The Cenotaph) is not legitamate protest.

If a group in Washington were to attack the Lincon or washington memorial
there would proably be national if not inter-national scandal!

Debate welcomed.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I agree. Defacing or destroying property is never
a valid response.

++Lar