 Off-Topic / Debate / 5147
Re: Is Heaven recursive? and other perplexing questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 06:08:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:

Do we take our memories from Earth with us to Heaven or is it like
reincarnation and when we arrive in Heaven we can't really remember who we
were on Earth?

I saw a double feature at the Brattle last night (for those not familiar with
Boston, the Brattle is a historic theatre in Harvard Square that shows arthouse
movies and has cool things like author readings)- _American Movie_ and _Coven_.
Before both among the trailers was one for a movie called _After Life_, which
seems to have an interesting premise:  When you die, you can have one memory
from your life to bring with you forever.  One.  So, what do you pick?

It's a question that really makes you examine your life and your relationship
to it, I've found.  I've been thinking about it for the past day or so.  I
think the answer- even the process of elimination- says a lot about a person.

eric