 Off-Topic / Debate / 5152
Re: Is Heaven recursive? and other perplexing questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:37:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
I'm on my way to bed, but I just saw something on Slashdot which got me
wondering a few things about Creation again...

OK, ever since I was a child, I always wondered:  If God made the universe,
then who made God?  (That's the classic question.)

God invented time, space and physics as a way for us to live. Nobody made God,
He's been around forever, in as much as forever can exist without time as a
reference.

What if Heaven wasn't actually the forever-and-ever afterlife after life, but
only the next stage of life?

Heaven with God is an idea from the Bible, if you think that's perplexing,
read the rest of it. I think that Heaven is not a place you can get to, it is
a state of being fully in God and knowing Him fully, as He knows you now. It's
outside of time or physics or anything else that this world needs in order to
survive.

Can you die in Heaven and go to Heaven Heaven?  Can you do something bad in
Heaven and go to Heaven Hell?  Can you do something good in Hell and go to
Hell Heaven?

No.

If they exist, are Heaven Hell and Hell Heaven the same thing or different
things?

They don't exist.

Can you die in Heaven Heaven and go to Heaven Heaven Heaven?  etc.

No, it's called _eternal_ life, I think it is described that way to emphasize
that it won't ever end, because something outside of time can not end.

If God dies (assuming he was created by a higher-order god), does He go to
God Heaven or regular Heaven?

No, He can't die. He _is_ life.

What if this Life now here on Earth that we live is actually a Heaven for a
previous life we lived as something else?

It's not.

Do we take our memories from Earth with us to Heaven or is it like
reincarnation and when we arrive in Heaven we can't really remember who we
were on Earth?

The Bible is chock full o' stuff about all this. Also, I know a few different
guys whom you could email if you're really interested in how God feels about
our lives on earth and in Heaven. They've studied it extensively, and pretty
much devoted their whole lives to telling people what they've found. Lemme
know, HTH.

-Adam