 Off-Topic / Debate / 5153
Re: Is Heaven recursive? and other perplexing questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:43:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Adam Hoekwater writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
I'm on my way to bed, but I just saw something on Slashdot which got me
wondering a few things about Creation again...

OK, ever since I was a child, I always wondered:  If God made the universe,
then who made God?  (That's the classic question.)

God invented time, space and physics as a way for us to live. Nobody made God,
He's been around forever, in as much as forever can exist without time as a
reference.

<snip the rest>

You've answered an interesting thought experiment with "revealed truth" which
we already knew, and further, since it's presented as factual, doesn't do
anything to move the "what if" forward. Thanks anyway.

Todd's thinking out of the box and speculating about what the implications of a
certain set of axioms might be, and even speculating about what axioms might
exist.

You're in your box and happy. Stay there, or participate in this particular
discussion, but you can't have it both ways. You've got to check your
preconceived notions at the door, just to play.

++Lar