 Off-Topic / Debate / 4645
  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) which (...) So, church members are free agents in that they're allowed (encouraged, or required) to make their own decisions about stuff? (...) That's and interesting explanation. It seems conveniently coincident that the recall of polygamy (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Yes, we are instructed to exercise free agency. It is one of the greatest blessings, promised to all of us in the pre-existance, and given to us when Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden fruit. (...) I see. You're setting up for a oft-debated (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) I had to visit 4 churches that weren't like mine (Protestant) for a religion class a couple of years back. By far the most interesting was the Greek Orthodox Church, but the Mormon church was the most welcoming. We (myself, a class mate and a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Just to throw in my two cents here, I am not a member of the Mormon Church, but several of my best friends and the parents of my goddaughter are. I have found the general LDS community to be very friendly and welcoming to a determined (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) That was probably a normal Sunday service. The entire family is invited to the Sacrament meeting; I've noticed that many other denominations invite only people from, say, young adult ages and up to their services. (...) LOL -- What can I say? (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) No, the leaders were ALL children, with only the one adult who was the organizer-person of the whole thing. They basically said that this was the day that the kids had been preparing for for a while. Maybe that's a little more common in the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Oh wow. I've never seen one. Sounds like fun. (...) Hmmm. The Catholic, Jewish, and non-denominational services where I grew up kept the kids at home. Maybe that was just a regional thing; it *was* a military base. (...) There are (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)