 Off-Topic / Debate / 338
Re: Impeachment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 16:53:31 GMT

Lee Jorgensen writes:
John, currently there are over 115 people in jail for perjury.  Of
those 115, at least 5 have come forward to say that their perjury
was for a sex related cover-up.

I guess my point is that 115 people is a minute fraction of the number
of people who lie under oath in this country and that the equation:
perjury == treason (for example) doesn't hold.

I ask you, why did the president settle the Paula Jones case then?
Even though a settlement supposedly admits no guilt, after many
months of denial, why settle?

So he wouldn't have to deal with it any more.  Cases without merit are
often settled just to avoid the hassle and cost.

I fear that if the president is NOT removed, that the presidency could
become more like a King.  He works for You.  Would you like an
employee to lie to you?

I imagine I've been lied to by a number of presidents many times.  I
take it in stride depending on the seriousness of the issue I'm being
lied to about.  If it's about bombing Cambodia, I get irritated.  If
it's about diddling somebody with a cigar, ... well, you can figure out
the rest.

as evah,

John C.