 Off-Topic / Debate / 28446
Re: Aeroflot Antonov An-28
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 20:09:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Patterson wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:
   --snip--

If you really wanted to leave it alone you wouldn’t bother making more commentary.

Tim

I was not going to respond, but I never wrote that email. It is either made up or someone hi jacked my name for that. I have nothing against the French, hell - they helped us win our first war. Maybe someone did what others did when they made a website to ridicule one particular person. John P

Why would someone impersonate you? Near as I can tell, you posted a bare handful of times prior to 2006, and the email Terry pasted was written in a very similar style and signed the same way you sign your posts. Not only that, but impersonating you to send a *private email* to Terry? For what purpose? There was certainly no guarantee it would get posted. Were I in Terry’s place, I would probably have just ignored it.

Impersonating someone is usually done to either disguise the real origin of a statement or to portray someone in a bad light. Since you weren’t very well known back then (I’d remember you if you had been), I highly doubt the latter, and the former just doesn’t seem worthwhile to me.

Jeff