 Off-Topic / Debate / 28263
Re: BrickFest PDX 2007 - who's getting paid?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:39:48 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Timothy Gould wrote:

Were the event to expect large profits then I think it would be churlish not to extend the free entry to more volunteers. I would hope that if losses occurred rather than the expected profit then those volunteers would pay their registration in order to help it break even.

Well, I’d rather see them all pay the fee beforehand, then be compensated (fee returned, nice lunch, whatever) after there’s an indication how good the finances are (which is usually fairly apparent by the end of the public expo).

ROSCO