 Off-Topic / Debate / 27607 (-20)
  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) I don't remember the exact quotation, but let's be honest here. Scalia, to Coulter, is one of the "good guys". I'm sure that if she had to pick a Justice to poison, he wouldn't really be her first choice. (...) Slightly different because Maher (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) And I agree with this assessment--calling for poisoning anyone is extremely bad taste--joking or no. (...) Oh that'd be the day... THere is a dichotomy between the 'Left' and the 'Right' with what they can get away with--the 'Right' could use (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Though I hesitate to use the words "cute" and "Ann Coulter" in the same post, I simply don't see the distinction between her call for poisoning to be different from the hypothetical that I mentioned. Sure, she can claim that she's joking, but (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) There happens to be a law against that, and the Secret Service takes that stuff seriously. It's best not to get cute in that arena. But if you posted that and many other unpleasantries, say in a liberal NG, no one would care, because they'd (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Well, let's see. If I go on-air to millions and declare that a certain US President should be assassinated, will Conservatives rally around me to protect my right to free speech? Of course, if I were a dessicated, talentless hack who called (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Not using emoticons? (...) NO EMOTICONS FOR YOU!!! JOHN PS No props por my malaprop? ;-) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Did he actually call for the assassination? If he did, what's up with those no-good followers of his who aren't following orders? Talk is cheap. Protected, in fact. (...) AAhmen and Ahmen. Well spoken, Bruce! (...) If the tables were turned, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Not that there's anything wrong with that... Oh wait, that's Seinfeld... Dave K (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) I feel like we are auditioning for a scene in Brokeback Mountin! Suddenly afraid to use emoticons, JOHN (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Aww gee... (shuffles feet all embarassed like...) Dave K (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Sure Pat "I was for Ariel's stroke because he divided the Holy Land until I was against Ariel's stroke 'cause I couldn't have my Theme Park" Robertson has his followers, and has called for assassinations, and other such crap. However, his (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) But this is not a trial in court. One is innocent until proven guilty in this country, and so you just can't convict somebody for state of mind or intent. Now, as for Fred Phelps and Eric Rudolph, they are clearly deranged and insane. So write (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) John, I simply can't accept that. (...) All evidence suggests that Fred Phelps and Pat Robertson and Eric Rudolph and all the rest would engage in murderous violence--and their followers would support them--if only they thought that they could (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) The temptation to equate intolerant Islam and the intolerant Christian Right is simply too great and self-servingly too delicious for the Left to resist. Don't fall into that blinkered, bigotted hole, Dave! I will grant to you that both sides (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Sparky! I'm in LOVE!!! :-) XXXOOO, JOHN (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler wrote: <snip> (...) (URL) Here's> more... ;) Dave K (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) (URL) are some additional thoughts along these lines, expressed at greater length than I was able to put together. Dave! (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How Do You Solve A Problem Like

(...) Sigh! Voters these days, don't like anything innovative ;) Tim PS. That was my tame response. I have a significantly more practical but even less politically feasible one but I'd need to be drunk to air it. (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How Do You Solve A Problem Like

(...) Refreshingly forthright and brilliantly impractical. Well played, but you're not likely to win any political contests with entries like that! (you'd have my vote though). (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: How Do You Solve A Problem Like

(...) Whoops! (...) Strictly speaking you should probably call him President Ahmadinejad if you expect the courtesy to be extended to other leaders. But I was mainly teasing you because I remembered you telling someone else off for it ;) (...) I (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact