 Off-Topic / Debate / 27251
Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:15:00 GMT

I would love that! But it’s not up to me to make that happen - again, it’s not for me to recruit and selection is not based solely on geographic location. If you believe this needs expand to “non euro-north america”, then I would strongly recommend that YOU recruit and encourage community leaders to step forward and apply. If you think that South America or Japan or Korea or Russia is under represented, by all means contact fans there and try to encourage them to apply. I’ll give them the exact same treatment in the selection process that I give anyone else.

Jake

I hope that some information I can add here might be helpful. I do have a handfull of contacts in Japan that I converse with regularly via e-mail. And even though I have done a larger number of trades - I can only speculate why they didn’t send more applications.

However, with some of those people there who are incredible builders or have the makeup of what was described to be the “qualities of a LEGO Ambassador” I did encourage them to send in their applications for the second cycle once posted by Jake. I have no idea if they did actually follow up or not.

I’m sure the language issue and dialogue might have turned a few and I can’t speak for others. And of course, there are critera that was followed as to what are you doing in the Community. There are a few really good groups there and a lot of exceptional individual buiders, but what isn’t known is how much to do they participate in supporting their hobby openly. Personally, I know the Japanese tend to be very humble. So might not fit their cultural makeup.

China, well, we’ve known about the direct clone brnads that run amok there...not going to say anthing positive or negative, just stating that fact.

As for other areas in Asia, those seem to be the biggest 2.

But yes, it would be nice if someone meets the standards of “Ambassadorship” and does apply. I’m sure they would be welcome. Cheers ~TK LEGO Ambassador