 Off-Topic / Debate / 27247
Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:54:18 GMT

   I know it might be nearly impossible to believe, but I’ll say it anyway - the group responsible for this program is much much smaller than you might believe. I know that when you talk about a company, any company, it’s extremely easy to turn it into a cold, faceless group where there’s really only one thinking entity, every person moving in step with everyone else. But the reality is that TLG, like any other company is made up of small teams, each team charged with a series of tasks. Some of those tasks require sign off from the higher ups, and in very very rare circumstances, sign off from the CEO. Most of them don’t.

Dear Jake,

I am not trying to attack a faceless monster here, I am responding to Lenny’s claims that you guys were personally being in some way harrassed/ attacked/ asserted against in my original post. I believe that you love your job enough to do what your company would prefer and if they HAD said to concentrate on NA/Europe I suspect you would have done so. Now that you have said the reasons were otherwise I can lay the blame solely at your feet :P

Thank you for taking the time to explain that there was little geographical bias and I hope that next time you will find a suitable candidate from the other parts of the world.

Yours,

Tim

X-Posted to .loc.au/nz/jp/hk in the hopes that this will spur more people from the region into applying