 Off-Topic / Debate / 26259
Re: You have got to be kidding me...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:54:25 GMT

IOW if there were some scientists researching something that wouldn't
help the US government, even if they succeeded, should it be funded,
simply because it's "scientific"?

Good question.

Why's that a good question?  I thought the govt. was supposed to be
workin for us, not just to perpetuate itself.

I know that a few people in this forum would shout "NO!"  I
can't say that all "scientific" pursuits should be funded, but it's
a mistake to fund religious doctrine with Federal money in any case.

Wow, you guys'll argue over just about anything.  On a relative
scale this seems about as vital as wrangling over whether you should
or should not be allowed to purchase a "Lucky Jackalope Foot" at a
gift shop in the Badlands National Park.   Mine seems to have lost
all it's powers.  Can I still get a new one?

Have fun,

Don