 Off-Topic / Debate / 26253
Re: You have got to be kidding me...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:31:26 GMT

I absolutely support a person's right to pretend that the flood created the
Grand Canyon, but the government has no business giving its endorsement to a
work of religious mythology such as this one.

Hm. But the government DOES have business endorsing a book that would support
the theory that the GC was created by erosion? Why should the government support
NASA research (say), as opposed to religious research, apart from the actual
measurable gains that it gets out of scientific research?

IOW if there were some scientists researching something that wouldn't help the
US government, even if they succeeded, should it be funded, simply because it's
"scientific"?

Not that you actually stated that, so maybe I'm just attacking your straw man,
in which case: "Take that, straw man!"

DaveE