 Off-Topic / Debate / 25701
  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Are you suggesting that having drawn spiritual support on 9-11-2001, as millions of Christians did [1], from a God who is coincidentally shared with two other major religions essentially means they supported the terrorist attacks? Wow, (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) No, I'm merly attempting to point out in my own inept way that the sentiments expressed by John are strikingly similar those used by used by the terrorists to justify their actions. Draw all the spiritual support you need, but don't use it to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Don, you completely miss the boat in your analysis. I said life without God, is meaningless. Meaning, God gives our lives purpose, God gives us hope, God gives us strength to carry on each day; to live. Without that motivation, what is the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) It's also not that far from positive worth. Most Christians see it from that perspective, which is why there are so many Christian missionaries around the world. Most of the Christians who don't see it from that perspective are either just (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) I'm not sure I see the difference between worthless and meaningless in this context, but I'll take it up as a vocabulary lesson later. (...) Who gives purpose to God? You do. The argument is circular. Why not cut out the invisible middleman? (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) So instead of a half empty glass, you see it as completely empty? To be filled with either holy water or poison. I say you're wrong. The glass is already half full and the beverage is tasty. (...) What? I thought we were talking about the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Not my original analogy, so I'm restricted to revising it using the terms provided. You were the one who introduced the idea of Zero Worth/Empty Glass. (...) An empty glass cannot, by definition, be full of poison. The point I was trying to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Kinda reminds me of a ST:TNG ep.. :) Not that that particular ep. hasn't been mentioned here before... Dave K (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)