 Off-Topic / Debate / 25122
Re: What's the point of wearing rubber gloves...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:18:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Wayne McCaul wrote:

But all things being equal, I'd *still* rather the guy didn't pee on my
sandwich.

Actually, urine is sterile.
Still not a good idea to ingest it, but not for any bacterial issue.

Hey, in my defense, I didn't say it *wasn't* sterile.  I just don't want it on
my sandwich!  My understanding is that, after the initial blast (to clear out
the plumbing), the stream is actually a nice anti-bacterial solution, due to its
acidity.  I think I read that certain societies bathe their infants in cow urine
for this reason.

Dave!