 Off-Topic / Debate / 24927
  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) "A Private Little War" from ST:TOS where the Klingons were arming one side, and Kirk had to arm the otehr side to keep the fight 'even'. Kinda like the Vorlons and Shadows... <snip> (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Nuts again. While I acknowledge ST:TOS as the mother of them all, and I watched it a little as a kid, it is too cheesy for my taste now. Ever since the third season of ST:TNG, however, they have all been gold. BUT, the jury is still out on (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) I didn't mind the lack of those functions, as the holodeck stories often tended to be a bit too farfetched (just how many times can Starfleet-owned holodecks run rampant and threaten to kill members of their respective crews before they figure (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) You better hurry and make up your mind about ST:E since this is undoubtedly the last season - the only reason they are limping through it is to get to the magical 100 episodes for marketing the re-runs. -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Really? That's kinda funny, given the external circumstances. Stargate recently started franchising, there are rumors that another B5 spinoff is in the works, and after the whole debate of whether ST or B5 was superior or which show stole (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) I'm not sure how any of that relates to ST:E only (most likely) lasting four seasons (Paramount cut their per episode charges by something like half just so it would get picked up for a forth season). However, yes, I like being able to watch a (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Oh, it's the whole thing with how networks were convinced for so long that the only way a sci-fi show could survive is if it has the Star Trek name attached to it, but then here we are where the name has become something of a pariah, and other (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) "69" LOL Hadn't heard that one before:-) JOHN (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) As far as you know;-) S P O I L E R-> I forget which season it is (the last perhaps?), but Seska makes one last return in a totally implausible but totally enjoyable episode:-) (...) I will say that some of the episodes were very enjoyable; (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Oh, I watched the entire series twice through in the course of about a year (I missed a few eps the first time around, but I think I caught them all the second run through). Besides, she's a Cardassian, not a Kazon (and after the ad they ran, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) Oh, it's a fairly old nickname, dating back to the days when ST:V was still in original episodes (possibly even to her first year on the show). I mean, think about it. She's a Borg. She eschews all of the "silly" trappings of human life in (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Keep on Trekkin' (was: The Incredibly Mutating Thread)

(...) Herbertian Stillsuit? All wastes are routed to the shoulder pads on men and breast pads on women for eventual recycling. This explains how the fatter the actor got the bigger the shoulder pads got (eat more, excrete more, bigger shoulders to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Keep on Trekkin' (was: The Incredibly Mutating Thread)

(...) Ha! Hadn't thought of that. That would pretty much limit you to only having to undress for medical reasons (surgery, pregnancy, growth, weight change, etc.) and "extracurricular activities" (since, presumedly, it should even be able to recycle (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)