 Off-Topic / Debate / 23965
Re: I'm Glad Bush is Standing by Rumsfeld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 03:31:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
<snip>
Also, while I sense you dislike the president by your use of a
nickname, what specifically do you like about the competition that
makes you think things will be better under them?  I haven't seen
anything yet to make me want to vote against the republicans, and
I can think of plenty of issues where I disagree with the current
administration.

While que question is not addressed to me, I will try to answer it for myself.
Of course, I am Québécois, so I don't have to vote, but here's my answer anyway.

Kerry, as I understand it, wants out of Iraq.  That is enough for me.  But
here's some more explanation on the republicans...

The Republican party depends on Oil and Weapon industry.  These two indusctries
generate billions of $$$ each year and help the Republicans, because they know
the Reps will do war anytime they can, to help these industries.  It's called
something like the Military-Industrial-Complex.  The Republicans start war, more
Oil is needed, more weapons are needed, Govt give big military contracts, so
these Industries give the party a lot of money at the elections to make sure the
Republicans will win to start the wheel over.

And don't forget that Bush himself has made a fortune with Oil in the state of
Texas, when he was still a moron without the title of President.

It's an american techer at Université de Montréal who was giving a course in
American History that taught me most of that, although I admit I was a
Democrat-partisan before that.

So in a way, I would vote Democrat because I don't like the fact that the
Republicans kill people all around the world simply to make money.  A Republican
would rather kill 10000 Iraqis than see them take control of their country and
control of their Oil.  It's a simple fact that everyone knows, but it seems
Americans like it because they voted Bush at the White House.

Kill babies.  Make more Profit.

That should be the next slogan to Bush's campaign.  The worst thing is, he'd
still get the majority in southern states...