 Off-Topic / Debate / 23949
Re: I'm Glad Bush is Standing by Rumsfeld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 14:24:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Phillips wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
Wow, I guess I'm just an unsophisticated hick.  I'm really sorry for
poking at you when you were upset.

Don, I've never thought of you this way, so I assume you are being
sarcastic?

No, I really felt pretty bad about it when I posted.  I shouldn't
be in .debate because I don't know what I'm talking about.

Hah!  If you want a good laugh, go back and find some of my early posts from
1999 and 2000--then you'll see someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.
Heck, for that matter, some would likely argue that I still don't know what I'm
talking about.  Of course, those people are all dangerous lunatics (in some
cases, dangerous *Canadian* lunatics), but I digress.

omgoodness--I'm sitting in some presentation or other that has nothign to do
with IS, bored out of my tree, with my laptop running, and I read this.

Almost cost me my job there Dave!!

;)

We've all had lapses of courtesy resulting in harsher-than-rationally-intended
posts, and we've all generally gotten through it without great trauma.  By all
means, don't feel intimidated just because you think you're not sufficiently
informed to participate on a given subject.  In fact, if you maintain a
receptive ear, your participation will help you to become better informed, or at
least to help you clarify the way you think about some things.

I have to figure out a way to get mozilla to drop the extra slash
from my lugnet history entry:

  http://news.lugnet.com//?n=*,-200&v=c

That way the .debate entries won't show up in the browser, beckoning
me with their evil siren call.

Yeah, ot.debate is quite a tar pit, once you've fallen in.

Dave!

Dave K
-show me a dangerous Canadian lunatic and I'll show you a guy who is or wants to
be PM