 Off-Topic / Debate / 23906
23905  |  23907
Subject:
I'm Glad Bush is Standing by Rumsfeld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 22:22:34 GMT

It's a really good thing that Bush is standing by Rummy through the Iraqi
prisoner abuse scandal.  This means that George is caught in a classic Monkey
Trap.

In the jungle, they capture monkeys by cutting a hole in a coconut shell,
chaining it to a tree, and putting a large nut inside.  A monkey who finds the
food reaches in to grab it, then cannot pull the fistfull back out of the small
opening.  A monkey will not drop the food in order to achieve his own freedom,
even when the monkey hunter returns.  (David Letterman once did a very funny
skit like this using a cookie in a jar.)

Since Dubya will not cut his losses, he has lashed his canoe to a sinking ship,
and he'll be dragged down and swept out of office as this scandal inevitably
widens.  The arrogance of the current administration has finally caught up with
them.

- Chris.