 Off-Topic / Debate / 22833
Re: Message awaiting authentication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:19:56 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Thomas Garrison wrote:
I don't get this.  The LUGNET limitation would be that posting setup is
HTTP-based, but I think it's all text, really.  After that, HTTP is an
*option*, but you can get by (better, IMHO) with SMTP or SMTP and NNTP.
I'm not seeing how someone who can do NNTP would have trouble with
SMTP---heck, I use the same client for both[1].

I give up.  Maybe you're right.  I just thought I'd make a suggestion
that could possibly make lugnet better.  Who knew I was straying into
debate territory.  Let's everyone chant together.  Lugnet is perfect!
Lugnet is perfect!  Change is bad...

Since I'm done with the suggestion part, I've set FUT to debate.

Have fun,

Don

PS.  For debate material, the "one true client to rule them all" is
EMACS.  However, I've long ago been seduced into using (gasp) IE for
lugnet because I'm lazy.