 Off-Topic / Debate / 22307
    Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Adrian Egli
   (...) Instinct. It's worked many times for me before. Ok, before you hit me with a "Get real!" remark I was just plain sick of the usual politicians. I just wanted to try someone else. (...) I was shown the blank side and so was the guy who asked me (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: This Californian Has Voted. God knows why! —Bruce Schlickbernd
     The point to the slight subject change is that one minute into the counting, the networks are already declaring that everything is decided. God, I despise network news: Don't touch that dial - we are gonna skip the story and tell you the (projected, (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Richard Marchetti
     (...) Gee, that's a fairly pathetic rationale in my view. Is that the way you keep track of your bank account -- instinct? Arnold is worse than business as usual. He is a puppet backed all the way from D.C. to Enron. Didn't you know? Always follow (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Adrian Egli
     (...) I'll just take that as a scarcasm. (...) Hold on there as second! I was watching Hardball on MSNBC last night and people on the show brought up some very important points. One that caught my attention was IF there was a run off between (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Dave Schuler
   (...) I had a pain in my chest, and I was sick of all the usual doctors telling me that it was lung cancer, so I went with my instinct and consulted a wealthy actor rather than someone with experience in treating my ailment. I just wanted to try (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Adrian Egli
   (...) I'll just take that as another sacarasm. (...) Again, I'm going to note Hardball on MSNBC. Arnorld has something no one else up there showed- charasima! If there is one thing I have seen all so often in this life (I was one of those teens who (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Dave Schuler
   (...) You've misinterpreted my intent, so I'll restate it: I find your choice "to try someone else" to be insufficient cause for an informed citizen to cast a ballot for one canditate in preference to another. Would you care to elaborate on your (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Adrian Egli
   (...) "Absolute unknown" can take on a lot of possibilities. If you mean unknown to the public in general then Arnold not an "absolute unknown". I have my sample ballot in front of me right now and am going down the list to see which names I (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Dave Schuler
   (...) Absolute political unknown. I had presumed that you would be able to identify the term within the context of the discussion, but I see that I am in error. You dismissed a range of other candidates just because you didn't know their names. This (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Honestly, I dismissed most of them for pretty much the same reason - I didn't know their name simply because they were not seriously running for governor. And let's add to that I dismissed the names that were similiar to better known people (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Dave Schuler
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote: Once again, you're forgetting my prohibition against posting except when you agree with me. I just don't understand you sometimes. (...) There's a difference, I think, between ignoring anonymous (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You? —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) We are the chorus, and we agree, we agree, we agree, we agree - Bored of the Rings (...) No, we dismiss the anonymous simply because they are anonymous. I don't have a clue as to who they are. I at least knew beforehand who Arnold was, I could (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)