 Off-Topic / Debate / 21615
Re: A small rant...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:59:51 GMT

<*> Check out the song, "Have You Forgotten," it rings quite true.

Are you talking about this?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008S6C7/002-8100544-9940810?v=glance
  I dunno.  YMMV, but it's a bit trite for my tastes, like Alan Jackson's
over-praised effort.

Most country songs are plain-spoken but he has a point about at least commitment
to an effort.

Anyway, I'd recommend checking out Ani Difranco's "Self Evident" instead:
http://www.righteousbabe.com/ani/l_self_evident.html
(be warned that Ani's lyrics are not always family-friendly)

It goes a bit too extreme for my tastes in some areas, but definitely a good and
pointful song.  Ah, the golden age of railroads.  A simpler time.  He (?)
definitely hits it on the head about America's pompous, arrogant attitude.  Very
interesting song.

Also, regarding your other post, I don't think that 9-11 is *the* most tragic
event in the history of the nation.  Pearl Harbor was a bigger screw-up and
ultimately would cost a lot more lives.  And there's also the Civil War.

-Stefan-