 Off-Topic / Debate / 20391
Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:30:17 GMT

But Mr. Robbins isn't a deep enough thinker to understand what you (and
others) are telling him. He'd rather just whine about how now everyone is
out to get him. I don't see HIM standing up to defend the rights of others
to speak freely on what they believe.

Oh?  He is not?  I suppose you are smarter than him?  Because, as far as I
know, Mr. Robbins is a respected person in Holywood  precisely because he is
a very intelligent and smart person.

If you can threat people because of what they say, then you limit their
freedom of speech.  Considering what Tim Robbins has gone through, I would
say that he has every right to say that.  And he doesn't have to say that
others can speak freely.  The fact that he didn't say it doesn't mean the
opposite.

Terry