 Off-Topic / Debate / 20170
Re: It's scarier if he actually believes his own nonsense.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:34:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes:
I am glad you posted this, I was just listening to a British author who
recently wrote a book that explains Blairs involvement in this war, I can't
recall his name. He basically layed out what this article displays. The UK
tends to be a much more secular society than the US. The United States was
founded on Christian principles, and many of us still desire that "God bless
America". This author, however, talks about an inert distrust of deeply
religious people within the UK and much of the rest of Europe.

Idunno, is Britain a more secular society?  Not officially of course, the
state and the church are the same vs. separation of church and state, but in
practice?  Many do want that "God Bless America", but in Britain some like
to think that God didn't just bless the place, he walked upon their very
shores (see Piltdown Man for my opinion on British ethnocentricism <g>).

No, I don't have the answer, just curious about other's views on this.

So while this article was a gross exaduration, Bush does have a great deal
of religious faith, and often seeks strength and guidance from prayer. I for
one am greatly comforted by that fact.

I can't agree with the end product of his decision making, so whether or not
he prays in a sincere fashion seems immaterial, but I'm sure others, as do
you, feel differently.

-->Bruce<--