 Off-Topic / Debate / 20167
Re: It's scarier if he actually believes his own nonsense.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:50:29 GMT

I am glad you posted this, I was just listening to a British author who
recently wrote a book that explains Blairs involvement in this war, I can't
recall his name. He basically layed out what this article displays. The UK
tends to be a much more secular society than the US. The United States was
founded on Christian principles, and many of us still desire that "God bless
America". This author, however, talks about an inert distrust of deeply
religious people within the UK and much of the rest of Europe.

So while this article was a gross exaduration, Bush does have a great deal
of religious faith, and often seeks strength and guidance from prayer. I for
one am greatly comforted by that fact.

Scott

Upon showing that article to my SO, she asked if I thought Shrub actually
believed this stuff or if he was just trying to gain greater access to a
particular constituency group.  My answer?  See subject line.

-- Hop-Frog