 Off-Topic / Debate / 20182
Re: It's scarier if he actually believes his own nonsense.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 06:39:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin writes:
<snip>
Many do want that "God Bless America", but in Britain some like
to think that God didn't just bless the place, he walked upon their very
shores
<snip>

Isn't this true also of a fairly large group of North Americans?

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

These are questions, not statements - and the words to a hymn, not the
declarations of a faith!

No!  Really?  And you think I would have known that with those really
obvious question marks at the ends of the lines!  ;-)

There were those in Britain that *wanted* to believe that (whether they
actually believed it I couldn't say).  I only quote the hymn by William
Blake as an example of the cult of Christ waltzing about England.

What is really odd, is that Glastonbury was Joseph of Aramathea's holiday
destination of choice!

(Note that I've never been to Glastonbury, and it may, in fact be a nice
place to holiday. It just doesn't seem very convenient to Nazareth (or were
they in Capernaum by then?)...)

Not to that extent.  :-)

I don't know: Didn't Jesus visit people in the North America after his
resurrection, and organise a church there?

Hey!  Are you insinuating otherwise?

No, absolutely not! (And Salt Lake City may well be a nice holiday
destination too!)

And besides, there's money in
miracles, not just loopy pride about a non-miracle.

I suspect there's money in loopy pride, too :-)

Richie