 Off-Topic / Debate / 20095
Re: Newspeak 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:25:23 GMT

Are these 45 nations much like the average citizen of
the United States--thinking that Iraq was the cause of 9/11, in which case
they're in this war under false pretenses?

Never assume that any overwhelming trend is due to ignorance. I don't know
anyone who believes that Iraq was directly related to 9/11. Connected to
terrorism yes, but not to that particular event.

"Blair this and Blair that..."  Whatever.  Canada and the US share the
largest trade, the largest undefended border, and most great actors in
Hollywood are Canadian ;)

Now this is downright herresy, Mike Meyers is really the only good actor
from Canada, and even at that Celine Dion negates any good done by Austin
Powers :). Just because many great movies and tv shows are now being filmed
in Canada.

We have to stand beside our
friends, not only because they would stand beside us if we needed them, but
because that's just what friends do.

Thank you for that, I do agree and have many friends from Canada, and I have
always had a great affection for our northernly neighbors. I am problably
one of a handful of Americans who can sing the Canadian National Anthem and
name all provinces. I love hockey, and am just starting to understand
curling. That said I also agree that we need to not take that relationship
for granted. Both our governments should do whatever they can to foster and
maintain that good relationship. I am always distressed when citizens of
either country make disparaging remarks about our closest allies.

Scott C.