 Off-Topic / Debate / 19402
Re: The future of child care
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:44:30 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/03/14/spiked.juice.ap/index.html

Thanks for pointing out this disgusting news, but what are we supposed to
debate about?  I'm thinking no one is going to stick up for the flight
attendant (assuming he actually did it, I mean).

By the way, I am not equating the prudent prescription of medication for
those who suffer from real ailments, but I *am* uncomfortable with the
"medicate it so you don't have to deal with it" mantra that's become so
prevalent lately.

Even so, there's a world of difference between a doctor who's theoretically
educated in the risks of a medication (or at least just checked the PDR)
prescribing it for a condition and just some guy tricking you into it.

The moral of this story is to watch them pour it, or better yet, get a sealed
container.

Chris