 Off-Topic / Debate / 19416
Re: The future of child care
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:38:28 GMT

"why should I suffer the least bit?"

It sounds like you're saying that people _should_ suffer.  I don't get it.

I think I'd rephrase. People complain too much that they suffer in the least
bit. Hence, to sound parental, suffering is good for you-- it builds
character. Basically, suffering tends to make a person less of a rampant
complainer.

In this case, yeah, in a perfect world the attendant shouldn't have to put
up with a screaming kid (minor suffering), but in the real world he just
shouldn't complain vehemently about it. Unless of course there's something
*ACCEPTABLE* he can do about the problem. Drugging the kid isn't an
acceptable solution. Best is to calmly accept necessary suffering; while at
the same time not necessarily being lazy about looking for a solution.

DaveE