 Off-Topic / Debate / 19415
Re: The future of child care
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:24:14 GMT

"why should I suffer the least bit?"

It sounds like you're saying that people _should_ suffer.  I don't get it.

I would never want people to suffer if they didn't have to--I'm not malicious.

So here's the catch 22--this guy is suffering due to the child--he obviously
feels like he's suffering anyway, so he sets out to 'remedy' his suffering...

So should he suffer due to the kid?  I don't think his solution was right,
but what I'm reading from you is that all suffering has the potential of
being eliminated to the satisfaction of everyone?

My small take in the matter--one little example--people have a cough.
Rather than living with the cough for a week they go get some antibiotics.
They take said antibiotics, because they want to feel better quicker--no
suffering!!  I have read that now there are resistant bateria strains
because of giving drugs to these 'suffering' people.

If it's legit, then I have no problem with the wonders of medicine.  If it's
to take away an inconvenience at the expense of what may be the
ramifications in the future, then yes, I say suffer with the sniffle for a week.

This guy though, giving his kid unprescribed Rx--that is the epitome of
lunacy.

It wasn't "his" kid.

If I were the parental victim in this case, my wrath would be extreme.

Agreed.

Chris

Dave K