 Off-Topic / Debate / 19417
Re: The future of child care
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:12:32 GMT

My small take in the matter--one little example--people have a cough.
Rather than living with the cough for a week they go get some antibiotics.
They take said antibiotics, because they want to feel better quicker--no
suffering!!  I have read that now there are resistant bateria strains
because of giving drugs to these 'suffering' people.

My understanding, though correct me if I'm wrong, is that resistant strains are
happening because people stop taking the drug as soon as they start feeling
better rather than completing their course of treatment.

Chris