 Off-Topic / Debate / 15924
Re: A hypothetical economics question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:26:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Maggie Cambron writes:

Again it would be patently unfair to change the rules.

If the rules are currently patently unfair, is it not patently unfair to leave
them as is?

Moreover, there would be no economic incentive to build new housing
units, so there will be no housing for growing populations.

That's silly.  People will do whatever kind of work is needed as determined by
the market.  If housing is needed the market will provide it.

I would reword your statement as: "There would be no opportunity to gather
wealth in wild disproportion to the work performed through investment in real
estate."  And frankly, I don't see the down side.

Chris