 Off-Topic / Debate / 15867
Re: A hypothetical economics question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:36:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Pedro Silva writes:
I believe he's referring to railroads and such. Roads are funded a bit
differently, but may use loans.
Phone lines, gas pipes, electric plants and transport lines... they are all
usually funded with loans - it is unfrequent one or ones have the money to
build such works paying up front.

Eh?  These are usually public projects, how is it that there is not enough
money collected from taxes to accomplish these things?  Don't even get me
started on how Californians have already paid for their power plants.

Anyway, it's the interest captilized on the original debts that proves
difficult to pay off -- ultimately we are talking about usury, and not just
debt exclusively.  Paying X to settle for X on loan is not really the issue,
not at all.  Something for something does not create arguments.  Something
for something (x 4) can be the source of a dispute; and that's probably as
it should be.

-- Hop-Frog