 Off-Topic / Debate / 15687
Re: Article quoting (was: Bad news for TRU)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:52:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Scott Arthur writes:

As a heavy user, the modern library is where it is at. I can now usually
download obscure journal papers in seconds rather than waiting a couple of
weeks for hard copies to appear (usually it would be a "dud", or I had moved
on since then.) I can check to see if a book is on the shelf or reserve it
from my desk. If it is on the shelf, I can often find a review of it before
I lumber up to the library to get it.

That said, I still request books heavily. If your library does not have a
book you want (or it is only on CD) - make a request!

Scott, is there any reason you continue to quote entire messages in order to
reply to a single paragraph?

ROSCO

Sent to .debate - because there isn't a .off-topic.questions