 Off-Topic / Debate / 15682
Re: Modern Libraries (was Re: Bad news for TRU)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:49:46 GMT

Indecently, I work quite closely with the facility mangers at the National
Archives of Scotland, they are currently digitising a great deal of their
stock (the oldest is from 1127). Although this will help users, the main
reason was to reduce wear in the valuable texts.

Scott A

NAS : http://www.nas.gov.uk/homepage.htm
The 1127 document : http://www.nas.gov.uk/exhibitions.htm

P.S.  Scott, I hope that you meant to say "incidentally!"  Not taking indecent
liberties with the NAS staff, are we?  I suppose that WOULD require working
closely.