 Marketplace / Shopping / 8949
Re: Bad news for TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:41:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Hi, everyone:

  TRU is apparently $91m in the red this year, and is planning to
  close 64 stores and eliminate almost 2,000 jobs.

  http://money.cnn.com/2002/01/28/companies/toys/

  Ugh.  Well, maybe if they'd hold better clearances...;)

  best

  LFB

The official TRU press release is here ...

http://www.shareholder.com/toy/news/20020128-70463.cfm?ReleaseID=70463

Does not indicate which stores tho.

Any info on the "Mission Possible" format they talk about? I don't think I've
seen that here in Australia. I'm not sure if TRU Aus is separately owned or
not.

ROSCO